Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Franklin

Franklin became a part of our family when he was 4 months old, which was about 5 1/2 years ago.  He immediately bonded and became buddies with our then senior citizen BT Cappy who was 11 years old.  He was a ball of energy right from the start!  Frank has continued to be a pure joy to our family for these past few years.  After Cappy passed away, we added our newest addition to our family "Darla", another sweet BT, who has become his new friend.  The two of them are hilarious, full of personality, lovable, funny, goofy, and crazy.  After having Frank for a few years I knew that I wanted to give him something for an energy outlet.  I originally found agility which he did really well at, but it just wasn't his favorite and I was super goofy which was probably more of the issue than him, ha!!!  We attended a flyball class shortly after and I knew that this was for us!  The way his face lights up when he is at class, around the other flyball dogs and owners, and when he is learning new things is exactly what I was looking for.  He is working very hard on improving and has come such a long way.  It has been 14 months of training so far and I am so proud of him and all he has accomplished.  I love him with all of my heart and he captures the hearts of everyone around him with he super sweet personality and BT smile.  We hope to continue to learn and attend flyball competitions in the future...thanks to my mom for her support and always coming to class with us and to our great flyball team - You are all blessings to us and we love you!  Stay tuned for the latest and greatest news about our sweet and handsome Flyball Frankie!!!!

Samantha Youngblood, Handler and Best Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment